One of our favourite annual gastronomic events is San Antonio’s Restaurat. The focus is all about the flavours of Ibiza, and this year the pumpkin takes centre stage as a key ingredient featuring in the menus of the 20 participating restaurants.
Restaurat is now in its 8th year, and though the use of local produce is one good reason it has been such a success, the healthy competition between the restaurants as they compete to win the coveted Restaurat crown certainly has its part to play.
With pride at place the kitchen’s of San Antonio seem to throw such concepts as profitability out of the window, resulting in some simply superb menus at the 15* euro price tag. We have printed the menus of our supporting advertisers to give you an idea of what to expect.
The event runs until the 20th of December, so that gives you time to try a good few, if not all. It might sound ridiculous, but put it in these terms; for 312 euros you could eat a fantastic 3 course menu at some of the best restaurants in San Antonio, 5 nights a week, for the next month.
OK you will spend a bit more on drinks, but still, what a month that would be.
(*15€ Monday to Thursday, 18€ Friday to Sunday & Fiestas, excluding drinks)
Ample 32, The Bistro Stephan, Don Quixote, The Reunion, Es Petit, Es Rebost de Can Prats, Grill Sant Antoni, Hostal La Torre, K Life, Kanya Beach Club, Pizzeria Galleon, Rio Ibiza , S’Avaradero, Sa Creu, Sa Punta des Moli, The Skinny Kitchen, Tijuana Tex Mex, Villa Manchega, Villa Mercedes and Zebra Steak & Grill.
– Cream of pumpkin soup and ‘crystal grissinis’
– Confit of duck with caramelized pumpkin, almonds, apple and toasted pumpkin seeds
– Tartar of bacalao with red pepper, tomato, spring onion, watercress and black olive powder
– Bacalao taco with rose artichoke and black rice
– Iberian ‘pluma’ with basil puree and rosemary oil
– Eggplant turret with caramelized onion puff and provolone cheese
– Pumpkin creme brûlée
– Passion fruit foam and pumpkin and cinnamon ice cream
– Deconstruction of banoffee
– Gazpacho of the season with a touch of pumpkin and Iberian garnish
– Quinoa taboule with pumpkin and cucumber in teriyaki sauce
– Lasagna with pumpkin
– Duck Magret with Forest Fruit Marmalade and Homemade French Fries
– Semi-hot canutillo stuffed with pumpkin jam
– Chocolate Coulant and Green Apple Ice Cream
Hostal La Torre
– Tower of pumpkin, corn, parmesan and tender onion, wrapped in spinach crepe and beet mirror.
– Autumn leaves with pumpkin and roasted pumpkin seeds, with goat cheese and a honey and lemon vinaigrette.
- Indian-style pumpkin curry with basmati rice
– Tagliata of Iberian with creamy pumpkin and spiced peppers
– Diced pumpkin in cinnamon syrup with ice cream and praline
– Moist pumpkin cake and raisins with mascarpone cream