Ibiza Gay Pride 2017
- Ibiza Town
- Words Claire B, Photos of Gay Pride 1206 by Vicent Mari
Gay Pride returns to Ibiza again this year for the 3rd year running, from June 14-17 under the theme ‘The Colourful Island (Una Isla Llena de Color)’.
This year, to make it a pride for everyone, they have organised a series of exhibitions, lectures, theatre events, concerts, parties and of course the famous Pride March in Ibiza Town for LGBT rights, which is on Saturday June 17 from 7pm.
It’s great that Ibiza is now embracing Gay Pride, and the march is always a colourful and fun parade, with locals and tourists alike of all ages and sexual persuasion lining the streets to support it. Here’s the program of the main events.
Gay Pride 2016 Gallery by Vicent Mari
1 of 7
Wednesday 14 June:
- Exhibition opening by the Association of artisans of Ibiza – Duality: Tradition + Modernity = Protect what you love. Paintings, sculptures, jewellery and much more. From 12.00 in the Claustro del Ayuntamiento d’Eivissa, Dalt Vila. Exhibition continues until June 17.
- Theatre at Can Ventosa. Es Devessai presents their work ‘This company is too crazy (Crónica de una De-Función anunciada)’. 9pm.
- Party at Ushuaia with Bang Bang. 5pm-midnight.
Thursday 15 June:
- Lecture by the prestigious Dr. Gabriel J. Martinon – Gay Affirmative Psychology. 7.30pm. In the marquee in the Vara de Rey.
- Café óle @ Privilege. From midnight to 6am.
Friday 16 June:
- Lecture by a sexologist about a healthy sexual life followed by one on homosexuality in the family. 7.30pm. Plaça d’Antoni Albert i Nieto.
- Party – Animal Park @ Bora Bora. From midnight to 6am.
Saturday 17 June:
- Visibility Theatre. Av. de los Ardenes in the Port. From 7pm till midnight.
- Grand Pride March for LGBT rights. Route: from Cofradía de Pescadores, Av. Santa Eulària, Av. de los Andenes, Ibiza Port. From 7.30pm.
- Exit party (venue to be confirmed). From midnight to 6am.